TD Bank Group Newsroom
TD Canada Trust opens innovative new branch in Ottawa's south end
OTTAWA, Nov. 20, 2011 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust today opened its newest state-of-the-art branch in south Ottawa. Located at the corner of Riverside Drive and Hunt Club Road, the new branch is full service, open seven days a week, and features a number of features unique to TD Canada Trust branches.
"We couldn't be happier to open our first new concept branch here in Ottawa, and to have the opportunity to continue serving the great people of this community," said Sandra Tanguay, Branch Manager. "Customers in other cities across Canada have been very receptive to the new design features of our branches so far. The open concept space provides a welcoming and approachable atmosphere for customers, and helps ensure our customers are comfortable from the moment they enter."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks directly to the customers.
- A Customer Lounge with a coffee station lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
- A Community Boardroom designed for use by groups of customers including families, businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities and a printer.
- A Community Wall shares a pictorial story about the local area. The current display features projects funded by the local chapter of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events
- Digital Displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
In addition to the grand-opening festivities and ribbon-cutting ceremony, TD Bank Group presented a $5,000 donation to the Christie Lake Kids Foundation as part of TD's ongoing commitment to the community. This gift will help the group fulfill its mission of creating opportunities for economically disadvantaged children and youth in Ottawa.
The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features full-service Green Machine ATMs which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, the new location features an open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks and right into the presence of customers.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours, branch hours are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Thursday and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and 12:00p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
TD Bank Group
Get News Alerts by Email
Receive breaking news from TD Bank Group directly to your inbox.