TD Bank Group Newsroom
TD Friends of the Environment Foundation helps Hamilton-Niagara residents' green go further
- Almost 80% of Hamilton-Niagara residents feel it is important to contribute to environmental organizations that impact their local communities - and now it's easer with TD FEF's new "text to donate function" -
HAMILTON, ON, April 20 /CNW/ - Canadians can give their green thumbs a workout this Earth Day with the launch of TD Friends of the Environment Foundation's (TD FEF) new 'text to donate' function for mobile phones. Donors can make a one-time contribution of $5.00 from their mobile phone by texting G-R-E-E-N to 45678*. To celebrate Earth Day, TD Bank Group will also match every donation made to the Foundation on April 21.
"Thanks to the support of our generous donors in our communities, we've provided more than $2.7 million to over 1,200 environment and wildlife projects across the Hamilton and Niagara region since 1990 - and we're excited to launch the 'text to donate' function to make it even easier for everyone wanting to contribute," says Farzana Syed, Regional Manager, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation. "And these local initiatives can be seen everywhere - just recently TD FEF presented a gift to the Heartland Forest in Niagara, which will help facilitate the Forest Discovery Program that will foster awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the environment among our local youth in the area."
100% of donations make a difference
One hundred per cent of every dollar donated to TD FEF goes directly to funding local projects in the community where the donation was made. When non-profit organizations and schools apply for funding, the local TD FEF Advisory Board recommends which projects to support in its area. Donations can range from less than $1,000 to more than $20,000 based on the scope of the project and how well the project meets funding criteria. There are several TD FEF chapters across the Hamilton and Niagara area with that have committed $175,000 in 2010.
How can you get involved?
- Become a TD FEF donor by giving as little as a few dollars per month by donating online at www.tdfef.com or by visiting any TD Canada Trust branch;
- Give the gift of TD FEF. Make an online credit card donation on behalf of a friend, family member, or loved one. Donors can select one of several e-cards for their recipients and personalize their cards with a message about the donation;
- Volunteer with a local TD FEF Chapter Advisory Board: http://www.fef.td.com/advisoryboard.jsp;
- Join the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation fan page on Facebook and follow TD FEF on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TDFEF.
In addition, TD Canada Trust branches across the country will be celebrating Earth Day® by featuring special guests, including representatives from the Canadian Peregrine Foundation and other environmentally-focused organizations. Contact your local TD Canada Trust branch to learn what is happening in your area.
About TD Friends of the Environment Foundation:
Since 1990, TD FEF has provided more than $54 million in funding to over 19,500 grassroots environment and wildlife projects across Canada. In 2010, TD FEF provided more than $3.5 million in support of 970 projects. Thousands of donors give to TD FEF on a monthly basis and TD Bank Group contributes in excess of $1 million annually. TD also covers the management costs of running TD FEF, which guarantees 100 per cent of every dollar donated goes directly to funding environment and wildlife projects in the community where the donation was made. For more information on how to donate and get involved in your community, visit www.tdfef.com.
* A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most Canadian carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of TD Friends of the Environment Foundation by the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at www.mobilegiving.ca. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to 45678
|For further information or to arrange an interview please contact:|
| Tashlin Hirani|
Get News Alerts by Email
Receive breaking news from TD Bank Group directly to your inbox.