TD Bank Group Newsroom
TD Friends of the Environment Foundation helps Canadians' green go further
- TD FEF launches new "text to donate" option for mobile phones and TD Bank Group will match all donations made to TD FEF on April 21st -
TORONTO, April 20 /CNW/ - Canadians with an environmental conscience can give their green thumbs a workout this Earth Day with the launch of the new TD Friends of the Environment Foundation (TD FEF) 'text to donate' function for mobile phones. Donors can make a one-time contribution of $5.00 from their mobile phone by texting GREEN to 45678*. To celebrate Earth Day, TD Bank Group will also match every donation made to the Foundation on April 21st.
"Thanks to the support of our generous donors, we've provided more than $54 million to 19,500 environment and wildlife projects across Canada since 1990 - and we're excited to launch the text to donate function to make it even easier for Canadians wanting to contribute," says Mary Desjardins, Executive Director, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation. "With everyone thinking green for Earth Day, there is no better time to match donations made to the Foundation so that we can help Canadians make an even greater impact to the environment this year."
Giving to TD FEF: the 100 per cent donation
One hundred per cent of every dollar donated to TD FEF goes directly to funding local projects in the community where the donation was made. When non-profit organizations and schools apply for funding, the local TD FEF Advisory Board recommends which projects to support in its area. Donations can range from less than $1,000 to more than $20,000 based on the scope of the project and how well the project meets funding criteria. There are 93 TD FEF chapters across Canada staffed by over 800 volunteers.
TD FEF provided more than $3.5 million in funding to 970 grassroots projects across Canada in 2010.
How can you get involved?
- Become a TD FEF donor by giving as little as a few dollars per month by donating online at www.tdfef.com or by visiting any TD Canada Trust branch;
- Give the gift of TD FEF. Make an online credit card donation on behalf of a friend, family member, or loved one. Donors can select one of several e-cards for their recipients and personalize their cards with a message about the donation;
- Volunteer with a local TD FEF Chapter Advisory Board: http://www.fef.td.com/advisoryboard.jsp;
- Join the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation fan page on Facebook and follow TD FEF on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TDFEF.
In addition, TD Canada Trust branches across the country will be celebrating Earth Day by featuring special guests, including representatives from the Canadian Peregrine Foundation and other environmentally-focused organizations. Contact your local TD Canada Trust branch to learn what is happening in your area.
About TD Friends of the Environment Foundation:
Since 1990, TD FEF has provided more than $54 million in funding to over 19,500 grassroots environment and wildlife projects across Canada. In 2010, TD FEF provided more than $3.5 million in support of 970 projects. Thousands of donors give to TD FEF on a monthly basis and TD Bank Group contributes in excess of $1 million annually. TD also covers the management costs of running TD FEF, which guarantees 100 per cent of every dollar donated goes directly to funding environment and wildlife projects in the community where the donation was made. For more information on how to donate and get involved in your community, visit www.tdfef.com.
* A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most Canadian carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of TD Friends of the Environment Foundation by the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at www.mobilegiving.ca. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to 45678
For further information or to arrange an interview please contact:
Karen Williams/Laura Arlabosse-Stewart
Get News Alerts by Email
Receive breaking news from TD Bank Group directly to your inbox.