TD Bank Group Newsroom
TD Canada Trust unveils new concept branch in Richmond
- Banking at revamped branch will be convenient and comfortable, with service seven days a week
- It's more than just technology - the design is open and welcoming
RICHMOND, B.C., Jan. 27 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust's newly renovated bank branch in Richmond Centre would make anyone comfortable with its open concept, mobile workstations, web kiosks, big-screen televisions and convenient hours.
Today, TD announced the grand opening of its first "new concept" branch at 5991 No. 3 Road in Richmond. It's the first of its kind in B.C. and has taken the best of what TD does today and combines it with a fresh, innovative open layout, the latest in digital technology and a unique range of amenities to enhance the banking experience for customers.
"The design of our branch gives us the opportunity to serve our customers in a new way, by making the branch warm, friendly and welcoming," said Brenda Hung, Branch Manager. "Our new lobby is open and spacious so TD employees can walk the floor and welcome customers as they arrive. If someone is early for an appointment, they can relax in our lounge area."
- Open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks and right into the presence of customers.
- A community wall that shares a pictorial story about the local area. The current display features projects funded by TD Friends of the Environment Foundation's Richmond chapter.
- Digital displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
- Web kiosks for TD Waterhouse customers.
- Open longer hours including noon to 4 on Sundays starting in February.
- Multilingual banking services offered in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Situated in the heart of Richmond, the branch serves a growing and vibrant community. Many of the clients served are new to Canada and to meet the financial needs of the growing demographic, 90 per cent of the branch employees speak at least two languages, including English and Cantonese or Mandarin.
The branch is full-service and offers a full array of personal and small business products and services. It's a one-stop-shop that includes a small business advisor, five financial services representatives, six financial advisors as well as services from TD Waterhouse and a commercial banking centre upstairs. The branch is completely wheelchair accessible and has two ATMs, which are available 24/7.
"We're always evaluating ways we can improve the customer convenience," said Raymond Chun, Senior Vice President, Pacific Region. "We asked our customers what they want and they told us they want banking that is comfortable for them. This includes an inviting environment, friendly well-trained staff and convenient hours."
The newly designed branch will be open longer hours. Currently, customers can bank Monday to Wednesday 8 am to 6 pm, Thursday and Friday 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday 8 am to 4 pm. Beginning in February, TD Richmond Centre will also be open Sunday from noon to 4 pm.
TD Bank Group
Get News Alerts by Email
Receive breaking news from TD Bank Group directly to your inbox.