TD Bank Group Newsroom
TD Releases First Standalone Environmental, Social and Governance Performance Report
New Report Advances our Commitment to Helping People and Communities Thrive in a Changing World
TORONTO, May 7, 2019 /CNW/ - In a world of rapidly accelerating change and shifting customer expectations, TD believes that it is incumbent on organizations to reimagine responsible business practices to ensure they are helping to make a positive impact on the communities where they do business.
To help illustrate TD's commitment to this idea, today TD Bank Group released its first, standalone report – the 2018 Environmental, Social and Governance Performance Report – that details the positive impacts of TD's activities during the 2018 fiscal year, ending October 31, 2018.
Also released today, TD issued its first report measuring its Corporate Citizenship strategy, The Ready Commitment, one year after the strategy was launched. Titled The 2018 Ready Commitment Report, the report details the impact of TD's strategy which focuses on helping to create an impact in areas such as environmental stewardship, diversity and inclusion, and financial education to help people from all backgrounds feel more confident about the future.
"At TD, we recognize that our success is not only measured by our financial performance – it's also measured by the extent to which we consistently work towards doing what's right, today and in the long term." Norie Campbell, Group Head, Customer & Colleague Experience, TD Bank Group.
Among the many examples of TD's impact throughout both Reports, key highlights include:
- TD also issued today a 2018 SDG Report to help measure the impact of The Ready Commitment against the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To date, TD is the only financial institution globally to participate in all three of the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative pilots to assess climate-related impacts to business.
- Since 2017, TD has contributed more than $30 billion of its $100 billion investment target by 2030 to help support a transition to a low-carbon economy through low-carbon lending, financing, asset management and internal corporate programs.
- For the first year of the TD Ready Challenge, TD awarded a total of $10 million in grants to 10 non-profits ($1 million each) to support their innovative, scalable solutions, such as STEM training for underrepresented groups and programs to help workers transform their existing skills and build new ones.
- Through The Ready Commitment, TD contributed $116 million in 2018 to organizations across North America and the United Kingdom which are working to help create a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow.
- TD was listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the fifth consecutive year since 2013.
- For the third year in a row, TD has been included in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index.
- More than 173,000 hours were logged by TD employees in 2018 who volunteered their time at a charity, or TD initiative, in communities across North America.
For more information about TD's commitment to corporate responsibility, or to read the full Reports, visit: www.td.com/corporate-responsibility
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group ("TD" or the "Bank"). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves more than 25 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe: Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth (Canada), TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance; U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, TD Auto Finance U.S., TD Wealth (U.S.), and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with more than 12 million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$1.3 trillion in assets on January 31, 2019. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
About TD Global Corporate Citizenship
TD has a long-standing commitment to enriching the lives of its customers, colleagues and communities. As part of its corporate citizenship platform, The Ready Commitment, TD is targeting CDN $1 billion (US $775 million) in total by 2030 towards community giving in four areas critical to opening doors for a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow – Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities and Better Health. Through The Ready Commitment TD aspires to link its business, philanthropy and human capital to help people feel more confident - not just about their finances, but also in their ability to achieve their personal goals in a changing world. For further information, visit www.td.com/thereadycommitment
SOURCE TD Bank Group
Get News Alerts by Email
Receive breaking news from TD Bank Group directly to your inbox.