TD Bank Group Newsroom
TD redesigned its Vancouver flagship branch to focus on customer service, comfort and convenience
Personalized financial advice offered in a comfortable and environmentally sustainable new design at 700 West Georgia at Howe Street
VANCOUVER, April 15, 2016 /CNW/ - TD has re-launched its newly renovated flagship branch in Vancouver's downtown core, with sustainability, comfort and convenience at the forefront of its new environment. The enhanced space brings together distinct environmental sustainability attributes, unparalleled customer service and unique services that make this branch a stand-out in the province, further leading the way for TD's flexible and fresh new branch design.
The branch, centrally located at 700 West Georgia Street in Vancouver, is approximately 14,500 square feet and offers customers a full range of financial services from retail to small business, as well as dedicated direct investing and a foreign exchange centre that offer over 47 foreign currencies and precious metals.
"We are thrilled to be a part of the revitalization of the downtown core in Vancouver," said Mauro Manzi, Senior Vice President, TD. "The new design of our central location reflects the urban neighbourhood and business hub in a unique manner that also reflects the comfort and convenience that is so important to TD."
The energy efficient branch space can be quickly reorganized to adapt to the needs of the local customer base such as adding more rooms for customers to meet with financial experts.
"In developing the design for this flagship location in Vancouver, we wanted to create a space that serves all of our customers in a variety of ways, and still feels comfortable and relaxing," said Cathy Zupancic, Senior Manager, Enterprise Real Estate Design Strategies, TD Bank Group. "We looked at all aspects of this redesign with a focus on sustainability and on making choices that will lower the environmental impact of our branch, something we know is important to our customers."
More comfort, convenience and sustainable attributes include:
- The attractive, open concept feel encourages collaboration and conversation so customers can get the meaningful, personalized advice they need. Customers entering the branch are treated to nature-focused murals, furthering a sense of calm and serenity.
- Direct Investing Centre is a dedicated space, highlighted by a large stock ticker above, within the branch that allows customers to meet with their banker or comfortably use a self-serve kiosk for any of their Direct Investing needs.
- Japanese Banking Centre is unique to this flagship branch, with a dedicated Japanese advisory team.
- The Foreign Exchange Centre will maintain a broad selection of currencies and precious metals to offer immediate fulfillment of most cash orders to walk-in clients or through online ordering. The Foreign Exchange Centre will now offer over 47 foreign currencies in addition to precious metals on site and on demand.
- Coin Counter on premises for customers to use at their own convenience, where change is directly deposited into your bank account.
- Energy-efficient design helps reduce the branches environmental footprint and reinforce our commitment to the environment.
- The customer lounge offers a comfortable space to gather or wait for an appointment with access to a beverage station, water bottle filling station and docks for charging mobile devices.
- Digital displays throughout the branch offer customers access to current information, advice and tips to help manage their finances while they wait to see a customer service representative in a sustainable manner.
- Sustainable interior elements like responsibly sourced wood finishes, recycled materials and low-energy lighting and bathrooms are all attributes that contribute to our low environmental impact.
- A flexible design means everything - including the walls, fixtures and wickets - is movable.
The new branch offers customers flexibility and choice in terms of how they would like to bank. The branch has flexibility to adapt its layout, allowing the branch to easily evolve with the needs of the community.
As part of TD's extended hours, the branch is open 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday; 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Thursday and Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday; and will be closed Sundays. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features multiple full-service envelope-free Green Machine ATMs.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
SOURCE TD Bank Group
Get News Alerts by Email
Receive breaking news from TD Bank Group directly to your inbox.