TD Bank Group Newsroom
TD announces test locations for new Smart ATMs
TORONTO, Jan. 21, 2015 /CNW/ - TD today announced it is testing, in select GTA locations, "Smart" ATMs; automated teller machines that incorporate enhanced and efficient self-serve technology that will offer customers greater convenience and more options to conduct simple transactions when visiting their branch.
A first in Canada, TD's Smart ATMs offer an innovative approach to how traditional ATMs operate. They feature a more intuitive user interface, with larger font and touch screens for ease of use, and the option to get on-site help from branch staff. TD's Smart ATMs also offer enhanced withdrawal and deposit functionality, including the ability to choose bills in various denominations and deposit cheques using image-enabled technology. Feedback from users will be used to determine the desire for access to additional capabilities and ensure the new technology is meeting our customers' needs.
"Smart ATMs are a natural extension of TD's comfort and convenience promise," said Jim Grimmer, vice president, North American ATM channel, TD Bank Group. "Customers visiting the branch for routine transactions will now be able to enjoy a faster level of self-service, while those who need assistance with more complex matters will also be served more efficiently, as our customer service representatives will have increased capacity to attend to more specific customer needs."
Initially, four branches have been chosen as test sites based on their high volumes of over the counter and traditional ATM transactions, defined peak service periods, and as having an ideal floor plan to accommodate Smart ATMs, which are located at the end of traditional teller counters, as well as in common spaces.
"Early feedback from customers on the added convenience has been very positive," added Grimmer. "We'll continue to test and review customer reaction and experiences over the next several months in order to evaluate expanded use."
Customers looking to try out Smart ATMs can do so at the following locations:
- 1677 Avenue Rd., North York, ON
- 4188 Living Arts Drive Unit 5., Living Arts & Prince of Wales, Mississauga, ON
- 4630 HWY 7, Unionville, ON
- 9350 Yonge St., Hillcrest Mall, Richmond Hill, ON
About TD Green Machines®
- TD Canada Trust was the first bank in Canada to rollout ATMs in 1976 and to date has more than 2,800 ATMs across the country.
- Since 2012, TD customers have deposited more than 40 million cheques annually using a TD ATM.
- All TD Green Machine ATMs are powered by clean, renewable energy to reduce our carbon footprint. TD's new envelope-free capabilities will save more than 400,000 lbs. of paper each year.
- TD Green Machines® operate in five languages including: English, French, Chinese, Italian and Portuguese. Customers can also change PIN, set up a favorite withdrawal, deposit and withdraw in one transaction.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group ("TD" or the "Bank"). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves more than 23 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe: Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth (Canada), TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance; U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, TD Auto Finance U.S., TD Wealth (U.S.), and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 9.4 million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$945 billion in assets on October 31, 2014. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
SOURCE TD Bank Group
Get News Alerts by Email
Receive breaking news from TD Bank Group directly to your inbox.