TD Bank Group Newsroom
TD Canada Trust opens 50th branch in Atlantic Canada
Newest location brings more comfort and convenience to St. John's
ST. JOHN'S NL, April 20, 2013 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust today officially opened its 50th location in Atlantic Canada with its newest open concept branch in St. John's. Located at 80 Aberdeen Avenue, this new 5,200-square-foot branch is full service and open seven days a week to serve the needs of the thriving city.
"The opening of our new St. John's branch represents our commitment to providing exceptional customer service in Atlantic Canada," said Matt Hopfner, Branch Manager, TD Canada Trust. "As the seventh branch in the St. John's area and the fiftieth in the region, this is a milestone development that we're all proud to be a part of."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks directly to the customers.
- A customer lounge with a coffee station and magazine rack, customers can wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
- A community boardroom designed for use by businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities and a printer.
- A community wall shares a pictorial story about the area. The current display features projects funded by the local chapter of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events
- Digital displays mounted throughout the branch provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
In addition to the grand-opening festivities and ribbon-cutting ceremony, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to The Quidi Vidi Rennie's River Development Foundation to support "TD Frog Friends" - a unique program focused on educating youth on the importance of freshwater ecosystems. TD Canada Trust also made a $25,000 donation to Young Adult Cancer Canada. The organization aims to support a community of young adults diagnosed with cancer by providing information, support, skills and opportunity.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours, the branch is open:
Monday-Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features a full-service Green Machine ATM and a drive-thru ATM.
TD Canada Trust in Atlantic Canada
TD Canada Trust has a long history within Atlantic Canada, dating back to the 19th Century. The Dominion Bank first established a presence in St. John, NB, in 1922. In 1955, when the Dominion Bank merged with the Bank of Toronto to form The Toronto-Dominion Bank, there were four TD branches operating in Atlantic Canada - three in New Brunswick and one in Nova Scotia. Presence continued to grow in the years following, with 30 branches operational by 1980. The first branch in St. John's opened in 1965.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
SOURCE: TD Bank Group
To contact the branch:
TD Canada Trust
(709) 738-4472 ext. 250
Sandra De Carvalho
Associate, Corporate Communications
TD Bank Group
Get News Alerts by Email
Receive breaking news from TD Bank Group directly to your inbox.